FRP Bridge Construction Company
Prefab FRP Truss and I-Beam Bridges
Areté Structures is not just a bridge supplier. We help guide your project from conception to completion. Our sister company, Areté Engineers, can provide engineering services from preliminary design through construction management.
The Areté Difference
- Critical Components Pre-Assembly Certification: Pre-assembled bridge components guarantee the perfect fit and function prior to shipment.
- Precision CNC Parts: Human error is eliminated when parts are fabricated by a CNC machine.
Advantages of FRP
FRP Truss and I-Beam Stringer bridges are the ideal solutions for remote pedestrian crossings or in areas where low maintenance is desired.
- Light weight: Compared to steel, FRP is approximately a quarter of the weight, making it ideal for remote locations where all the bridge components could be carried to the construction site by hand.
- Can be assembled by “unskilled” labor: All individual bridge parts are prefabricated and ready to assemble on site.
- Economical choice for remote locations.
- Corrosion resistant: Material is extremely durable
- Moderate span lengths: Clear span lengths of of up to 80 feet are achievable.
Download our general bridge specifications here.
Fiber reinforced polymer
Fiber reinforced polymer or FRP is manufactured by a process called PULTRUSION which uses glass strands that are pulled through a die and embedded in a polymer, making a strong, durable product that can be used in multiple structural applications.
FRP decking can be used on all types pedestrian or light vehicle bridge. Decking could be used for any number of uses including boardwalks, decks, mezzanines, stair treads, etc. Advantages of using FRP decking is that they are maintenance free, corrosion resistant and have a high skid resistance.