In November of 2017 Areté Structures designed and supplied a fully engineered pre-fabricated clear span FRP bridge kit for the Boulder County Parks and Open Space Department in Colorado. This 30-ft by 6-ft bridge crosses the Lake Ditch located on the Heil Trail II in Boulder. The bridge is brown with timber deck and supports equestrians, pedestrians, bicycles and light vehicles. The bridge was installed with ease by the Boulder County Parks staff.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
- 30-ft. length x 6-ft width
- 42-in high railing above decking
- Pony Truss Design
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Dark Brown Color
- 85-PSF Pedestrian Live Load
- Ground Snow Load of 50 PSF
- Wind Load of 35 PSF
- AASHTO Guide Specifications for FRP pedestrian bridges.
- AASHTO LRFD Guide Specifications for pedestrian bridges.
- ASCW Pre-Standard for LRFD of Pultruded FRP Structures.
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer.