In the Spring of 2019 Arete Structures designed and supplied a 60’ FRP trussed bridge for the Buncombe Horse Trail in the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests in South Carolina.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
FRP Truss Bridge Design
- Bridge Span
- 60’ length x 5’8” width
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Sloped ends
- Olive Green
- Southern Yellow Pine Timber Decking and Running Planks
- 85 PSF live load
- 35 PSF wind load
- AASHTO Guide Specifications for FRP pedestrian bridges.
- AASHTO LRFD guide specifications for pedestrian bridges.
- ASCE Pre-Standard for LRFD of Pultruded FRP Structures.
- Strongwell Design Manual
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer in the state of South Carolina.