Areté Structures designed, fabricated and supplied eight unique pedestrian bridges for the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department in the fall of 2018. These bridges were dark brown in color with FRP decking; varying in length from 25 feet to 55 feet and up to 8 feet wide. This extra width can accommodate trail maintenance vehicles. All bridges kits were bundled together by the Areté team in Boone North Carolina and delivered on one load to Rooster Rock State Park and Sunset Bay State Park in the beautiful state of Oregon.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
- Pony Truss Design
- Bridge Spans
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Dark Brown Color
- Galvanized Hardware for Structural Members
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Decking Hardware
- 100-PSF Pedestrian Live Load; increased from AASHTO; typical is 90psf
- Wind Load 125 mph
- AASHTO Guide Specifications for FRP pedestrian bridges.
- AASHTO LRFD guide specifications for pedestrian bridges.
- ASCE Pre-Standard for LRFD of Pultruded FRP Structures.
- Strongwell Design Manual
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer in the state of Oregon.