On June 24, 2019, Black Diamond Trail Design installed a 35-foot Areté Structures FRP trail bridge. Installation of the abutments and approaches required two team members and was completed in eight days. Assembling the bridge took two team members and was completed in three days.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
- Pony Truss Design
- Bridge Span
- 35’ x 6’
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Olive Green Color
- Galvanized Hardware for Structural Members
- 3-inch x 12-inch Southern Yellow Pine Timber Decking
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Decking Hardware
- 90-PSF Pedestrian Live Load; increased from AASHTO; typical is 90-PSF
- AASHTO Guide Specifications for FRP pedestrian bridges.
- AASHTO LRFD guide specifications for pedestrian bridges.
- ASCE Pre-Standard for LRFD of Pultruded FRP Structures.
- Strongwell Design Manual
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer in the state of South Carolina