In the fall of 2019 Areté Structures supplied a 30’x6’ prefabricated equestrian bridge to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. The DNR reported that the bridge was built on site in January 2020 and the staff enjoyed putting it together.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
- 30-ft length X 6-ft width
- Minimum 54-in high railing
- Max opening between railing less than 4-in.
- FRP Composite Truss Design
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass reinforced polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Color: Olive Green
- Aluminum Angle Mounting clips (for abutment attachment)
- All hardware required for assembly will be hot dipped galvanized
- 90-PSF Pedestrian/ Equestrian Live Load
- 20-PSF Snow load
- 35-PSF Wind load
- Bridge precambered equivalent to dead load deflection
- AASHTO LRFD Guide Specification
- Strongwell Design Manual
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer licensed in the state of MD
- Vibration Criteria: Greater than 5.0-Hz Vertical and 3.0-Hz Horizontal without live load
- Bridge compatible with helical pile support system.
- Abutment reactions will be provided with final design package.
- Total deadload estimate approximately 2,000lbs per abutment.
- No. 2 Southern Yellow Pine 3”x12” timber decking