In the summer of 2021, the Superior Hiking Trail along with the USFS purchased a fifty-foot Areté FRP truss bridge to replace an older trail bridge with failing abutments. Volunteer crew leaders, friends and even Areté family members came together to complete the Kimbell Creek Bridge. This olive-green bridge is fifty feet long and four feet wide with non-skid FRP Safplank interlocking decking. The bridge is located just outside of Grand Marais Minnesota.
- 90 PSF Pedestrian Live Load
- 35 PSF Wind Load
- 40 PSF Snow Load
FRP Truss Bridge Structure Specifications:
- Fiberglass Truss Design
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series FRP structural shapes
- Standard diagonal truss bracing single diagonal horizontal cross-bracing
- 42” High Railings w/safety channel mid-rails (per ADA specifications w/maximum 4” spacing)
- Standard hot-dipped galvanized steel hardware kit
- Positive Fabricated Mechanical Camber
- Standard color: Olive Green
- Aluminum angle mounting clips (for abutment attachment)
- 24” wide FRP Safplank decking w/ medium anti-skid grit coating, light weight, low maintenance.