Areté Structures supplied a 35-foot by 6-foot FRP snowmobile bridge for the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Tioga State Forest District 16. The decking for this bridge was Southern Yellow Pine and the color of the bridge structure olive green. This project was completed on a tight timeline, and the project manager reported that the install went great.
FRP BRIDGE DESIGN
- 35’ long x 6 ft’ width
- Minimum 54-inch high railing
- Pony Truss Design
- Strongwell EXTREN® 500 Series Fiberglass reinforced polymer (FRP) Structural Shape.
- Olive Green Color
- Aluminum Angle Mounting clips (for abutment attachment)
- All hardware required for assembly will be hot dipped galvanized
- 85-PSF Pedestrian Live Load
- 25-PSF Wind Load
- AASHTO LRFD Guide Specification
- Strongwell Design Manual
- ASCE Pre-Standard for LRFD of Pultruded FRP Structures.
- Drawings provided and sealed by a professional engineer.